Internship Site Visit—Scavenger Hunt
Your name: Jackie Lira
Your internship site: I am interning at a place called Uplift and it is a Tutoring place where they help children from all ages. I will be helping with different projects that they have for me.
Answer the following….
Morning rituals
1. When did you wake up? I woke up around 7, but I did not have to go until 11.
2. What did you eat for breakfast? I ate a bagel.
3. How did you get to your internship site? One of my Aunt works there and she introduced me to her boss and that’s how I got my internship.
4. How long did it take? From my house it took about 10 min. from a car, but when internship starts I would probably take the bus and it might take longer.
At internship
5. Who do you see when you walk around your internship site? I saw like books and paper work and some computers, I did not see any kids because they had the day off.
6. Who is your mentor? Julie Watson
7. What type of work do you see yourself doing at your internship? I see myself doing lots a paper work checking who’s here (like the kids) and putting papers away and helping tutor and doing different projects with the kids.
8. What will make your work meaningful to your internship as a workplace? My work that I would be doing would be meaningful because I am having everything neat and organized.
9. What will your days and hours be? I would be there from 11:30 to about 4:30
Out and about
10. What is the community like around your internship site? Well there is a church where the tutors help the kids and in the corner there is a post office and sometimes they would tell me to take some mail they have and that’s about it.
11. What might you do for lunch on a normal internship day? I would bring my own and sometimes my mentor said that she would take me out to eat.
12. How will you get home from internship? One of parents would pick up.
13. What might you do after a typical workday? Go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment