Wednesday, January 5, 2011
First day of internship
Well today seemed like a long day. Once I got there to my internship I saw my mentor. She told me I would be sitting at the staff meeting. I thought there were going to be a lot of people. I was can of scared, but there wasn't a lot of people. There was my mentor, 2 other staff members, and me. There is only 2 staff members because this is an non- profit company. After that we went to work. First my mentor, Julie told me what project I would be doing. I am going to search for different companies that would donate to Up Lift and support this program. This project will help me because as you all known I am a shy person and in this project I would have to communicate with people who I don't know. Up Lift is a tutoring site and kids from different ages come and they get help. These tutoring sites are in different places so sometimes we would go visit different one. Like today I went to go visit one, but did not help any kids because there was hardly any kids. After I came back from this I helped my mentor file some papers that she had so she wouldn't be more stressed out because here at Up Lift there is a lot of paper work. Well that how my day went.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment